Dear valued customers,
Date: 9 February 2014
Start Time: 11:00PM MST
End Time: 28 February 2014, 11:00PM MST
Affected Servers: All Linux Shared Hosting Servers
PHP 5.2 and Frontpage have been obsolete for many years. As a result, we’re beginning the process to remove PHP 5.2.17 and Frontpage from our servers and encourage customers to switch to PHP 5.3.x. At the same time, we will be upgrading the MySQL server from MySQL 5.1.x to MySQL 5.5.x as MySQL 5.1.x will be deprecated by end of 2013.
The upgrades (to the latest version) will include the rest of the application/module/installer such as:
– SiteBuilder (if available)
– Email Client (Horde, Squirrel Mail, & Round Cube)
1. For customers who are using custom script/Open Source application that runs Zend Optimizer, Zend Optimizer will be replaced by Zend Guard Loader in PHP 5.3 and above. You should upgrade your script to support Zend Guard Loader.
2. Customers who are running old version of application should upgrade to the latest version IMMEDIATELY to avoid version incompatibility which could cause your site to stop running or not showing proper content as PHP changes. (eg. Joomla 2.5 and lower version should be upgraded to higher version in order to support PHP 5.3.x).
3. Customers who are running MS Frontpage should change to File Transfer Protocol (FTP) as alternative way.
4. For customers who are using custom script/Open Source application that runs the following PHP features:
If any of your script contains the above features, you should replace it with alternative feature or reinstall them through PHP PECL as not all features are maintained in PECL.
5. PHP Incompatible changes. If you are using any of the incompatible changes listed by PHP, you should replace the changes with alternative feature.
6. PHP Removed Extension. If you are using any of the removed extension, you may replace it with alternative feature in newer version or reinstall them through PHP PECL if it is a maintain extension.
7. Email Trace feature will be removed as this feature is taking too much server resource and you may contact our Helpdesk if you required any email transaction log.
8. This upgrade is mandatory and it’s not reversible once the process is done.
9. If you’re unsure of all the above changes, you are advised to seek the help of your in-house webmaster/IT personnel. Alternatively, you may contact our Support Helpdesk for more information.