We are more than glad to answer any questions you may have regarding our services.
You can open your messages from Gmail in other mail clients that support POP, like Microsoft Outlook.
Step 1: Make sure POP is the best way to read your emails
IMAP and POP are both ways to read your Gmail messages in other email clients.
IMAP can be used across multiple devices. Emails are synced in real time.
POP can only be used for a single computer. Emails aren't synced in real time. Instead, they're downloaded and you decide how often you want to download new emails.
Step 2: Check that POP is turned on:
1. On your computer, open https://www.gmail.com
2. In the top right, click Settings
3. Click Settings.
4. Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
5. In the "POP Download" section, select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
6. Click Save Changes
Step 2: Change your POP settings in your email client
Use the table below to update your client with the correct information.
Incoming Mail (POP) Server
Requires SSL: Yes
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server
Requires SSL: Yes
Requires Authentication: Yes
Port for SSL: 465
Full Name or Display Name
Account Name, User name, or Email address
Your full email address
Your Gmail password
Step 3: For downloading of emails on multiple email clients (Optional)
1. In your email client's POP settings page, find the "Email address" or "User name" field.
2. Add recent: in front of your email address. For example, recent:email@example.com
3. Change your POP settings so that your emails are left on the server.
• Outlook: On the "Advanced" tab, click Leave a copy of messages on the server.
• Apple Mail: On the "Advanced" tab, uncheck the box next to "Remove copy from server after retrieving a message."
• Thunderbird: On the "Server Settings" tab, check the box next to "Leave messages on server."
Back to Articles Listing
Looking for Web Design & Hosting Services?